Camera Hannah - Alternative Wedding Photography Derby UK: Camera Explorer: Denmark on Film

Tuesday 24 June 2014

Camera Explorer: Denmark on Film

There's much, much more to be shown from my trip to Denmark to shoot Laura and Kasper's wedding at Clausholm Slot. My first adventure to a Nordic country for a beautiful and very special day. 

For now, I'm just going to share some shots I took on my film camera when I was there. Most of them come from my exploration of Copenhagen (accompanied part of the time by Homie and local Amanda Thomsen). With a day to myself to explore I packed in what I could... climbed a tower, rode trains that crossed the sea like something from Spirited Away, ate beautiful breakfasts and local cuisine, inadvertently made friends with some One Direction fans, sat by the sea, got sunburnt, saw the city from the water and met the most impressive human beings I've ever met: an elderly couple clutching a book of 1000 things to see before you die, methodically ticking off everything they could… including swimming in the North Pole on one leg of their adventure…. and I took photos, on film, and when I got home I thought about sending them off to a proper lab but my excitement delivered me into Boots for an hour's processing and I walked back through town trying not to trip over my feet as I tore open the envelopes and looked at my shots and longed to travel more. And if that was the longest, most rambling and grammatically troubling sentence I've ever written… I don't care. I have so much love for those precious few days. Just you wait til I share the official wedding shots soon. 
  


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful images! I love film! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so lovely, Hannah. There's a magicalness (not even a word, I know!) about film that I love.

    ReplyDelete